The mission of the IEDC is to “develop institutional mechanism to create entrepreneurial culture to foster growth of innovation and entrepreneurship amongst the faculty/researchers and scholars”. Every year innovative projects are supported and guided through IEDC. The projects are open to UG, PG and Ph.D scholars and must be innovative in nature that could translate into a potential product/technology that could be marketable or be of societal/environmental value. The projects (/products) that espouse social cause are preferred, which may be multi-disciplinary in nature. The faculty/researcher members of the centre act as mentors for these projects.
To act as an institutional mechanism for providing various services including information on all aspects of enterprise building to budding S&T entrepreneurs.
To create Entrepreneurial culture in the Parent Institution and other institutions in the region and to promote the objectives of NSTEDB, including programmes related to women and weaker sections of the society.
To inculcate a culture of innovation driven entrepreneurship through scholar executed projects.
To catalyze and promote development of S&T knowledge-based enterprises and promote employment opportunities in the innovative areas.
To respond effectively to the emerging challenges and opportunities both at national and international level relating to SMEs and micro enterprises.
To organize Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps, Entrepreneurship Development Programmes, Faculty Development Programmes and Skill Development Programmes in institutions.
Prospective entrepreneurs can get guidance and assistance on various aspects such as preparing project reports, obtaining project approvals, loans and facilities from agencies/ support system, information on technologies, etc.
To arrange expert lectures and interaction with entrepreneurs and create a mentorship scheme for young prospective entrepreneurs.
- Introduction to CAE 22-May-21 to 22-May-21
- Internet Of Things 18-Jun-21 to 27-Jun-21
- Introduction to the Cultutre of Innovation 19-Jul-21 to 19-Jul-21
- Market Fit – MVP 3-Aug-21 to 3-Aug-21
- Prototype Validation, Converting prototype into Start Up 14-Dec-21 to 14-Dec-21
- Entreprenuership Simulation Program 20-Dec-21 to 20-Dec-21
- Alternative Marketing Systems for Farmers 16-Apr-20 to 16-Apr-20
- Intellectual Proprty Right 13-Jun-20 to 13-Jun-20
- Boost your Degigital Marketing Skills by Designing an attractive website usine Django 28-Jul-20 to 28-Jul-20
- Senstisizing to the Techniques of Innovation 30-Jul-20 to 30-Jul-20
- Senstisizing to the Techniques of Innovation 12-Nov-20 to 13-Nov-20
- Entreprenuership In Residence 12-Oct-20 to 13-Dec-20
- Food Processing 12-Feb-21 to 1-Mar-21
- Workshop on Fluorescence Microscopy and its applications in Biology 23-Mar-21 to 23-Mar-20
- Food Processing 21-Jan-20 to 25-Jan-20
- B-Plan workshop 9-Mar-20 to 9-Mar-20
- Digital Marketing 24-May-19 to 24-May-19
- Handson workshop on Microscopy and Nano technology 12-Jun-19 to 12-Jun-19
- FDP- Internet of Things 18-Jul-19 to 19-Jul-19
- SIP- Bootcamp 26-Aug-19 to 30-Aug-19
- Wokshop on Innovation, Creativity and Entreprenuership 10-Oct-19 to 12-Oct-19
- Workshop on Ideation and Lateral Thinking 14-Nov-19 to 14-Nov-19
- Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp 29-Oct-18 to 31-Oct-18
- Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp 2-Nov-18 to 4-Nov-18
- Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp 15-Nov-18 to 17-Nov-18
- Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp- 27th February 2017 to 1st March 2017
- Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp- 6th March 2017 to 8th March 2017
- Faculty Development Program in Entrepreneurship- 17th July 2017 to 29th July 2017
- Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp- 28th August 2017 to 30th August 2017
- Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp- 6th September 2017 to 8th September 2017
- Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp-11th September 2017 to 13th September 2017
- Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp-21st September 2017 to 23rd September 2017
- Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp-26th September 2017 to 28th September 2017
- Establishment of Woman TBI – DIC
- Atal Incubation Centre (AIC)- NITI Aayog
M. G. Anantha Prasad
M. G. Anantha Prasad is a Professor at the Centre. He holds a bachelor’s degree in Industrial Production from Bangalore University, Master’s in Product Design & Manufacturing and Ph.D in Mechanical Engineering from V.T.U. He has 15 years of experience in academics and 2 years of industrial experience. He has executed sponsored projects on Entrepreneurship. Some of the innovative projects that have been executed are: Conversion of walking stick into chair, Energy park and Banana Peeling Machine under the sponsorship of state’s Science and Technology Council. His areas of interests are in biofuels, advanced materials, cryogenic effect on materials and product design. Prasad has been at the forefront of many entrepreneurship development initiatives supported by DST and EDI. Anantha Prasad has several publications to his credit besides being fellow of various professional bodies and projects from DIC in the domain of rapid prototyping. Prasad is also the recipient of the Commonwealth Fellowship from UK in the year 2015 besides having worked at other institutions in various capacities.
Email Id: email@example.com